Rust Inside Microwave: How to Fix it

Microwave ovens have become the basic equipment of the home. Nowadays, almost every home has a microwave oven, which makes cooking work easy and convenient.

Although microwave ovens are very efficient, they are dangerous to use when they rust as they can cause serious problems. Rust can form after using a microwave or leaving a liquid product in the microwave oven for a long time.

The rust in the microwave oven, if not removed immediately, could endanger your safety and health. However, rust on the outside of a microwave oven is not dangerous and will not get inside which can lead to abnormal radiation.

How to remove the post from the microwave oven?

Check the inside of the oven before removing the rod from the microwave oven. If you find small holes in the rust, replace it with a quiet, reliable microwave oven. But if there are no holes, remove the post and follow these steps to successfully repaint the microwave oven.

  1. Turn off the microwave oven and remove the plug from the socket
  2. Put on rubber gloves and clean the rusty part of the oven with one part trisodium phosphate and ten parts water. Rinse with a clean, damp cloth.
  3. Use a wire brush or knife to wipe off any flaking paint from the affected area. Applying new paint to the old paint will also damage the new paint.
  4. Sand the rusty area with sandpaper. You don’t need to paint the entire microwave oven, just the affected area.
  5. Use rubbing alcohol to clean the sand until all dirt is gone.
  6. Mask out the areas you don’t want to paint over with painter’s tape.
  7. Put on a face shield and spray the cleaned area with microwave safe paint.
  8. Allow each coat of paint to dry before applying the next coat. Depending on the humidity, the paint film may take up to twelve hours to dry. Leave the microwave oven painted for at least three days before applying it in a well-ventilated area.
See also  Can You Deep Fry in a Crock Pot: Slow Cooker Usage

Nevertheless, it is worth reading the manufacturer’s instructions before applying the next layer.

Dangers of a rusty microwave oven

Microwaves use radiation to heat food. This radiation will leak out if the rust is eating away at your microwave oven. Radiation is dangerous and can have far-reaching consequences.

Therefore, it is a good idea to turn the microwave off frequently and check the interior for rust. You can use a cloth to wipe off the thin layer, revealing the presence of rust underneath. Rust in the microphone can lead to the following conditions:

Arc and rust

The arc is created when microwave waves jump when hitting metal and create sparks in the stove. If you see sparks in the microwave and there are no metal spoons or utensils, there is a risk that the inner lining will erode and expose the post to microwave radiation. Turn off the microwave oven immediately and unplug it if it sparkles.

Microwave radiation leak

Microwave radiation leakage can occur if the inside or outside of the microwave oven is eaten by the inner shell of the post. Microwave radiation can affect human cellular processes, which is not good for your well-being.

However. It is not difficult to confirm that there is radiation leakage from the microwave oven. Put the mobile phone in the microwave oven and close the lid. Use a different mobile phone to call your number. If you hear your phone ringing through the microwave oven, chances are high that radiation is leaking out.

If you don’t know, you can also light lamb in a rusty microwave oven. If the radiation goes out, the bulb will either glow or glow.

See also  How To Store Rice Noodles To Keep Them Fresh & Untangled

Similar Posts