As the refrigerator has become a natural part of everyday life, it has become impossible to imagine life without it.
He has really become an essential part of every family. However, how many amps does the refrigerator consume? This is a question that you may be asking yourself for several reasons.
The average home refrigerator uses 15-20 amps. The number of these arrows in the refrigerator depends mainly on the size of the compressor that serves the refrigerator. A larger compressor usually requires more amperage to operate effectively.
What are amplifiers?
You may have noticed that you’ve dropped that word a bit and you know it has something to do with electricity.
You’re right, it has something to do with electricity. To explain better what an amplifier is, I will give an analogy. Electricity is made of electrons and these electrons change from negative to positive and are called voltage.
The higher the voltage, the greater the force with which the electrons are pushed. Suppose this current is water.
Let’s imagine again that there are 2 scenes. In one scene, the water flows from the water gun and in 2 situations the water flows from the garden hose.
Although the water gun will hold less water, it will generate more pressure as it pushes water through the smaller tip.
In fact, pressure in a water gun can be as strong as turning a wheel, even with more water flowing from the hose.
The amount of water flowing through the 2 different outputs is amps. Ampere is the number of electrons passing a given point in a given time.
A specific device will require more amps and thicker wires to pass the current. Therefore, electric oven wires are generally thicker. If the wires are thin, they heat up and burn.
How many amps does a normal refrigerator consume?
An average refrigerator uses 725 watts of electricity and 15 to 20 amperes, which, according to the US Department of Energy, accounts for up to 10% of total household consumption.
If you live in the United States, the voltage of your homes is 120 volts. In Europe and Africa, they use 240V, which is half the rated current used by US appliances.
How many amps does a portable refrigerator consume?
A portable refrigerator is a small refrigerator that you can load and take with you on long journeys.
You can enjoy cold food and drinks on long car journeys or camping trips. This type of refrigerator can be used simultaneously in single refrigeration mode, freeze only mode, or simultaneously refrigerated and frozen mode.
Usually it consists of 2 boxes that work independently of each other. It typically runs 1 to 4 amps per hour and can go up to 5 amps depending on the outside temperature.
If it is in a hot car, keep it out of direct sunlight and open the windows. It is recommended to charge the day before going to the campsite and run it while connected to the mains.
How many shots does the refrigerator use in the beginning?
While the voltage of a standard refrigerator can be anywhere from 15 to 20 amps, the actual amps may actually be 5 amps. There is also another statistic for the number of arrows the refrigerator uses to begin with.
This number will vary depending on the compressor you have in your refrigerator and you will see the rating on the back of the compressor after the LRA. Looks like; LRA 5A
5 tips for saving energy in refrigerators
To complete this article, here are 5 tips to help you save energy in the refrigerator.
- Make sure there is enough space around the refrigerator for your refrigerator to generate heat from the back when it is running, and make sure that this heat is escaping so that the compressor does not run for too long. For example, if the refrigerator is close to the wall, the heat will be retained and the unit will compensate more to bring the heat to the desired level. Leave a space of at least 15 cm around the refrigerator.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator too often, as standing cold air will escape when you open the refrigerator door. When this happens, the refrigerator must be running for the temperature to reach the optimal level. This will affect overall energy consumption, so it is best to keep the refrigerator covered.
- Keep the temperature control at medium level and make sure the temperature control is set to the default setting. As a result, the refrigerator strikes a good balance between energy consumption and performance.
- Do not overfill the refrigerator If you put too many items in the refrigerator, the air will not move properly and you will come across items that are not cold. Place only the most essential items.
- Although refrigerators such as Philips cookers do not prevent hot items from being put in the refrigerator, the heat of these items will raise the internal temperature and will last longer at the desired temperature. Allow food to cool slightly before putting it in the refrigerator. Refrigerator.
How many arrows does your refrigerator use? It really depends on many factors including the product, model and size of the refrigerator, and where in the world you are located. Hope this article helped you answer that question.