Yes. The water can be boiled in a microwave oven. Since its invention 40sThe microwave oven has become the most important appliance in many homes.
It is known for the versatility and convenience it offers in the kitchen. Despite the controversy surrounding microwave safety, especially in boiling water, the answers to these questions are not limited.
In this article, we will discuss whether it is safe to boil water in a microwave oven, how to cook it, and what precautions you should take.
How to boil water in a microwave oven
Heated with microwave water Electromagnetic waves. These waves cause friction between water molecules to generate heat quickly.
The resulting heat reaches a boiling point of 100 C. Electromagnetic waves from microwaves heat water molecules in random places. If the water is not heated for a long time, it will not heat up evenly.
Boiling water bags can be on a layer of cold water. Therefore, before use, mix the water with a spoon.
Some people still discuss the effects of using a microwave oven. However, there is no clear evidence that microwaves pose a risk to well-being. This means that the microwave oven is safe to prepare water and other dishes.
How to boil water in a microwave oven?
Before you boil water in the microwave oven, make sure you have a suitable container. Some materials such as glass, ceramics and paper plates and materials such as aluminum can be used; Paper and sealed containers should be avoided. After selecting the correct pot, do the following to safely boil water in the microwave oven:
- Pour the water into your chosen microwave suitable container. To avoid damaging the cracks, make sure the container is not sealed or sealed.
- Place the microwave item in water. This material prevents overheating. When the water heats up too much, it will exceed its boiling point, which means that no nuclear bases of the bubbles can form. Why is overheating water a small explosion when creating a germination point. The material you put in the water acts as a germination point for producing bubbles.
- Put the water in the microwave and heat it in quick succession for about one and a half minutes until it starts to boil.
- Use a thermometer to check if your water is boiling. You know water boils at 100 degrees Celsius. You can use a bottleneck to prevent burns by holding a thermometer.
- If the water is boiled for disinfection, boil it to the point of killing germs and other microorganisms. The recommended cooking time is one to three minutes.
Precautions when boiling water in the microwave oven
As mentioned above, high temperatures can cause small water cracks in your microwave oven. Follow the tips below to deal with overheating problem;
Heating water for short trips
Water cannot be heated unless the boiling point is exceeded. The heating time in a room will vary depending on the amount of water heated and the type of microwave oven used. But to be on the safe side, you can use the one-minute heating cycle and then change it according to the water temperature.
Avoid using very slippery heating pans
Instead of placing a non-metallic object in the water, use a hard or old container. There are racks and cracks under the old containers. These marks, stretches, and ruptures act as nuclear bases, promoting the formation of bubbles to prevent overheating.
Make sure the water is boiling
After cooking, use a long saucepan or cooking stick to gently pat the side of the container. If there is too much hot water, cracks will appear in the pot. If any water is spilled it will leak into the microwave oven and prevent burns.
Stir while the water is in the microwave
Using a long object for your microwave oven, stir the hot water while it is still in the microwave and check that the water is hot. The introduction of this substance will act as a nuclear base.
If there is too much hot water it will explode and disperse. Otherwise, your water is healthy.
Watch your face until you are sure the water is safe
Take your face out of the container with lukewarm water. Explosion of too much hot water on the face can cause severe burns.
The decision to boil water in the microwave oven
Boiling water in a microwave oven is convenient and safe, especially if the amount of water is small. Currently, there are no proven effects associated with boiled microwave water. Therefore, you can put water in the microwave at any time until you have fulfilled the things described above.